Present: The Revd Robin Alderson
The meeting opened with a prayer, giving thanks for the life of Anthony Fletcher.
1) There were apologies for absence from Mr Drummond and Mrs Moore
2) Minutes of the meeting held on 3rd March 2008
These were approved.
3) Minutes of the meeting held on 16th April 2008
These were approved.
4) Matters arising from the minutes.
£2000 out of this year’s total share of £9300 has been paid. Mr Baker is paying on a monthly basis.
We have received £1400 in returned income tax from Gift Aid donations.
We have received £1700 in reclaimed VAT.
£2000 has been transferred to the business premium account.
We provided £20 for the flowers at Dr Fletcher’s funeral.
6) Fund Raising and forthcoming events
7) Joint meeting of Benefice PCCs.
Mr Alderson thanked all those who attended the meeting. A detailed report will follow.
He commented that, for Brandeston, the aspirations outlined in the parish plan are still valid.
8) Deanery Synod
The meeting discussed the written minutes of the last synod meeting, taking note of the evensong in Framlingham on 28th September. There will be no evensong in Brandeston on that day.
The Deanery meeting reminded PCCs that, at next year’s APCM, we will need to reconsider the 6 year rule for churchwardens.
The Harvest Festival will now take place in Brandeston on 21st September.
No restoration work has taken place.
10) Mortuary Chapel
Hogan has completed his work on the
11) Child Protection.
Mrs Jeffery is waiting to hear about courses.
1. The meeting agreed to a request from the Dickson family to place a bench in the churchyard in memory of their parents, George and Margaret. The PCC would however, like to see the design of the bench first. It was suggested that the bench should be made from hardwood.
2. Mrs Woodland pointed out an inaccuracy in the annual report. She explained that there were 6 baptisms, not 5. She will check the records with Revd Alderson and the churchwarden and we will, if necessary, issue an amendment to the report.
Date of next meeting: Monday June 24th at Rose Farm at 7.30 pm.
Dates: 18th July Wedding flowers
21st September. Harvest Festival in Brandeston
28th September Evensong in Framlingham at 3 pm
12th October. Talk by Chris Parfitt on